Untitled (or, Mischief Managed)
This mix is about Harry Potter, the greatest seven-book trilogy ever written.
Why It’s Pretentious: I know, big shock, the girl who named her house Hogwarts is obsessed with Harry Potter and made a mix about the series. I lovingly crafted this in preparation for the seventh book— though, at 7 songs and 25 minutes, it wasn’t even close to being long enough to soundtrack my 12-6 am rapid-fire absorption of Deathly Hallows. Obviously, being high school, I chose remember the saddest and most angsty moments possible so get ready to cry your eyeballs out like those credits are already rolling. (I also worked in Morrissey because do you not know me at all?)
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT. RAISE YER WANDS UP, WIZARDS. MISCHIEF MANAGED.
Tracklisting and downloads after the jump.
1. Sorcerer’s Stone: Hedwig’s Theme - John Williams
2. Chamber of Secrets: Hairdresser on Fire - Morrissey
3. Prisoner of Azkaban: Empty Space - Air Traffic
4. Goblet of Fire: Rules of Secrecy - Muse
5. Order of the Phoenix: The Clown - Elefant
6. Half-Blood Prince: All Fired Up - Interpol
7. Deathly Hallows: Brothers & Sisters - Coldplay
Full mix download.
Bonus fact: Every time I read “Hairdresser on Fire,” I sing it to the tune of Brian Eno’s “Baby’s On Fire.” Hair-dresss-er-on Fiiii-yaaaaaah.
- pretentiousmixtapes posted this